Fun Facts: Barn Owls
- Barn Owls do not hoot like other owls—they screech.
- Barn Owls have super sensitive hearing—they can hear better than most people!
- Barn Owl’s feathers help them fly silently through the sky.
- Barn Owls are carnivorous birds—their diet mostly consists of small mammals like mice, gophers, and rats.
- Barn Owls don’t always live in barns! They can live anywhere that is warm, dry, and hidden out of sight—like hollowed out trees, attics, rock crevices, and specially-designed nesting boxes.
- Barn Owls don’t build nests with sticks and twigs like other birds. Instead, they often use their regurgitated pellets as a nest for their eggs.